Here is the next segment of my tasting notes for some of the wines that I will be including in my list of varietals for the submission for membership into the Wine Century Club.
51. Kerner, 2012 vintage, SummerGate Winery, Summerland, BC, Canada: pale colour, almost clear, tropical notes on the nose, off-dry, medium-plus acidity, citrus, pineapple, floral hint on the palate, medium finish.
52. Macabeo, 2010 vintage, Altair (blend), Mas Amiel, Maury, France: pale straw colour, fresh nose of lemon and minerality, dry, medium-plus acidity, complexity on the palate, flavours of citrus and spice, long finish.
53. Muscat Ottonel, 2012 vintage, SummerGate Winery, Summerland, BC, Canada: very pale gold in colour, aromas of floral, citrus and white peach, slightly off-dry, medium-plus acidity, floral, spice, citrus & grapefruit on the palate.
54. Ortega, 2012 vintage, Celista Winery, Celista, BC, Canada: pale lemon colour, aromatic nose of citrus and floral, flavours of citrus and peach.
55. Petit Courbu, 2010 vintage, Torus Pacherenc du Vic-Bilh Sec, Madiran, France: pale lemon in colour, aromas of citrus, apple and floral, dry, medium-plus acidity, intense flavours of pineapple and yellow plum, long finish.
56. Ribolla Gialla, 2005 vintage, Ribolla Anfora, Azienda Agricola Gravner, Oslavia, Italy: medium orange in colour, complex aromas and flavours of tangerine, vanilla, rosehip, dry, high acidity, medium tannins, medium-plus finish. Such an interesting wine!
57. Schonburger, 2012 vintage, Gehringer Brothers Gewurztraminer-Schonburger, Oliver, BC, Canada: pale lemon in colour, floral, citrus, lychee on the nose, off-dry, medium-plus acidity, lychee, spice, floral, muscat flavours, medium-plus finish.
58. Seyval Blanc, 2012 vintage, Montauk, St James Winery, St James, Missouri, USA: pale gold in colour, aromas of citrus and melon, dry, medium acidity, flavours of green apple and citrus, medium finish.
59.Trebbiano, 2012 vintage, Hester Creek Old Vines Block 16, Oliver, BC, Canada: pale gold in colour, aromas of citrus, apple and some minerality, slightly off-dry, medium acidity, flavours of apple, grapefruit, some tropical notes, medium finish.
60. Chardonel, 2012 vintage, Stone Hill Winery, Hermann, Missouri, USA: pale gold in colour, aromas and flavours of apple, pear and citrus, dry, medium acidity, round mouthfeel, medium finish.