bc wine, Blaufrankisch, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Fer Servadou, Golden Mile, Italy, Kelowna, Madiran, Marechal Foch, Montepulciano, okanagan, Oliver, Pinot Meunier, Pinotage, Primitivo, Sangiovese, South West France, summerland, west kelowna
Here is the next segment of my tasting notes for some of the wines that I will be including in my list of varietals for the submission for membership into the Wine Century Club.
61. Blaufrankisch, 2007 vintage, Last Chance (blend), Rustico Farm & Cellars, Oliver, BC, Canada: medium ruby with a hint of garnet colour, ripe berry aromas and flavours with hints of smoke and spice, nice acidity.
62.Cabernet Franc, 2011 vintage, River Stone Estate, Oliver, BC, Canada: deep ruby with hints of purple, raspberry, dark fruit, spice, cedar, medium-plus tannins, well-balanced acidity, long finish.
63. Cabernet Sauvignon, 2009 vintage, Iconoclast, Fairview Cellars, Oliver, BC, Canada: deep ruby, ripe dark fruit, cassis, black cherry, hints of spice, smoke, and coffee, rich, full-bodied, well-integrated tannins, well-balanced, long finish.
64. Marechal Foch, 2011 vintage, Fortified Vintage Foch, Quails’ Gate Estate Winery, Kelowna, BC, Canada: rich dark fruit, chocolate and coffee, sweet but well-balanced, long finish.
65. Montepulciano, 2011 vintage, Montepulciano d’Abruzzo, Vini La Quercia, Morro d’Oro, Italy: dark purple colour, dark ripe fruit and spice aromas and flavours.
66. Pinotage, 2010 vintage, Stoneboat Vineyards, Oliver, BC, Canada: medium ruby colour, red cherry, plum, mocha, smoke, spice, medium-bodied, medium tannins
67. Pinot Meunier, 2012 vintage, Thornhaven Estates, Summerland, BC, Canada: medium ruby, raspberry, cranberry aromas and flavours with a hint of spice, medium-plus acidity, medium-minus tannins, medium finish.
68. Sangiovese, 2010 vintage, Sandhill Estates Small Lots, Kelowna, BC, Canada: medium ruby-garnet, cherry, plum aromas and flavours with some dusty herbs, medium-plus acidity, medium tannins, medium-plus finish.
69. Primitivo, 2005 vintage, Luigi Leonardo, Scarzi Luigi, Puglia, Italy: deep ruby colour, ripe dark berries and spice on the nose and palate, full-bodied, medium-minus acidity, medium-plus tannins, long finish.
70. Fer Servadou, 2006 vintage, Argile Rouge (blend), Chateau Bouscassé, Madiran, France: medium ruby colour, cherry,dark ripe fruit aromas, dry, medium acidity, medium-plus-plus tannins, flavours of dark fruit and some dried fruit, long finish.