Here is the next segment of my tasting notes for some of the wines that I have included in my list of varietals for the submission for membership into the Wine Century Club.
71. Roussanne, 2012 vintage, Figaro (blend), Terravista Vineyards, Naramata, BC, Canada: pale in colour, ripe yellow plum and nectarine aromas, round mouthfeel, dry, complex flavours of citrus, pear and spice, long finish.
72. Torrontes, 2012 vintage, Crios de Susana Balbo, Mendoza, Argentina: pale lemon colour, aromas of peach, white floral, citrus, hint of sweetness, medium acidity, flavours of pear, white pepper and citrus.
73. Tsolikouri, 2012 vintage, Nikoladzeebis Marani, Nakhshirgele, Imereti, Georgia: pale amber/ dark gold in colour; can’t quite place the nose, but love it! Dry, medium-plus acidity, medium-minus tannins, complex savoury notes on the palate, long finish. Delicious!
74. Verdejo, 2012 vintage, Fandango (blend), Terravista Vineyards, Naramata, BC, Canada: pale lemon colour, aromas of orange blossom, spice and citrus, dry, crisp bright acidity, flavours of peach, pear, grapefruit, melon and spice, with a long finish.
75. Tsitska, 2013 vintage, Pheasant’s Tears Winery, Imereti, Georgia: pale lemon, bright, floral nose, citrus, complexity, apple and pear aromas, dry, high acidity, complex flavours, citrus, well-balanced, long finish.
76. Rkatsiteli, 2011 vintage, Qvevri Traditional Kakhetian, Alaverdi Monastery Cellar, Georgia: medium orange, aromas of floral, dried fruit, pears, walnuts, dry, medium-plus acidity, medium tannins, flavours of dried apricots, apples, pears and spice; elegant and complex with a long finish. One of my favourite amber wines!
77. Kakhuri Mtsvane, 2013 vintage, Antadze Winery, Kakheti, Georgia: pale orange with a watery rim; aromas of mushroom, pepper and savoury notes, dry, medium-plus acidity, medium-minus tannins, flavours of pepper and citrus, complex, elegant, well-balanced with a long finish. Another favourite!
78. Gruner Veltliner, 2011 vintage, Rudi Pichler Federspiel, Wachau, Austria: pale, aromas of pear and pepper, dry, bright acidity, steely minerality, flavours of peach, pear, apple and white pepper.
79. Prosecco, N/V, Villa Teresa Organic Prosecco, Veneto, Italy: small persistent bubbles, aromas of light floral, citrus and toast, dry, creamy mousse with flavours of apple, citrus and some nuttiness.
80. Chinuri, 2008 vintage, Bagrationi Finest Brut, Kartli, Georgia: persistent tiny bubbles, fine mousse, dry, crisp, flavours of citrus with some yeasty notes. Tasty!