Aladasturi, bc wine, Blattner varietals, Boudeshuri, Cabernet Libre, Georgia, Goruli Mtsvane, Italy, IWINETC, Leon Millot, Nebbiolo, Otskhanuri Sapere, Salt Spring Island, Saperavi, Shavkapito, Wine Tourism
Yippee! I finally got my Wine Century Club Membership Certificate in the mail! Here are my tasting notes for the final ten wines that I included in my list of varietals for the submission for membership into the Wine Century Club. It has been officially recognized that I have tasted 100 different varietals, and I did it in under a year. Now to continue on with the next hundred and more…
91. Aladasturi, 2013 vintage, Makaridze Winery, Terjola, Georgia: pale salmon-pink with a watery rim, citrus, red berries and yeasty notes on the nose, dry, medium acidity, complex flavours of lemon, cranberry, with some nuttiness and a medium-plus finish. Well-balanced.
92. Tavkveri, 2013 Rosé, Pheasant’s Tears, Sighnaghi, Georgia: medium fuschia pink, clear, berry aromas, dry, medium-plus acidity, light tannins, flavours of citrus and red currant. Pleasant and well-balanced.
93. Otskhanuri Sapere, unknown vintage, Winery Khareba Monastery Wines, Georgia: deep ruby-purple in colour, ripe dark fruit on the nose – very fragrant, dry, medium-plus acidity, medium tannins, medium body, flavours of cherry, plum and berries with a medium-plus finish.
94. Shavkapito, 2011 vintage, Chateau Mukhrani, Kartli, Georgia: medium ruby with a hint of garnet, jammy red fruit with plum and spice on the nose, dry, medium-plus acidity, medium-plus ripe tannins, flavours of red cherry, plum, spice, cedar, dried herbs and dried fruits with a long finish.
95. Boudeshuri, 2007 Kakhetian Royal Red (blend), Kindzmaruli Marani, Georgia: medium-plus ruby in colour, ripe jammy aromas of cherry and plum – very fruity, dry, medium-plus acidity, medium-plus tannins, medium-plus body, flavours of cherry, dried fruit and plum.
96. Leon Millot, 2012 vintage, Pinot Rosé (blend), Mistaken Identity Winery, Salt Spring Island, BC, Canada: pale salmon in colour, aromas of citrus and cranberry, dry, high acidity, flavours of cranberry and citrus.
97. Cabernet Libre (Blattner), 2010 vintage, Evolution Red, Salt Spring Vineyards, Salt Spring Island, BC, Canada: medium ruby in colour, aromas of plum, raspberry and spice, dry, medium-plus acidity, medium tannins, flavours of plum, cherry, cedar, earthiness and a hint of tar, with a medium-plus finish.
98. Nebbiolo, 2009 vintage, Barolo DOCG, Batasiolo, Piedmont, Italy: pale ruby-garnet in colour, aromas of dried cherries with hints of spice, dry, medium-plus acidity, high tannins, medium-plus body, flavours of cherry, dark berry, plum, liquorice and hints of tar.
99. Goruli Mtsvane, 2013 vintage, Atenuri, Giorgi Revazashvili, Ateni Gorge, Kartli, Georgia: complex nose with aromas of apple and citrus, dry, medium body, medium-plus acidity, flavours of citrus and yeasty notes with a medium-plus finish.
100. Saperavi, 2011 vintage, Vita Vinea, Telavi, Georgia: medium ruby with hints of purple, meaty nose with pepper, dark berries and pomegranate, dry, medium acidity, silky medium tannins, flavours of dark berries and spice with a long finish – delicious!