Here is the next segment of my tasting notes for some of the wines that I will be including in my list of varietals for the submission for membership into the Wine Century Club.
42. Tempranillo, 2006 vintage, Bodegas Lan, Rioja, Spain: medium-plus garnet in colour, cherry, red fruit, hints of liquorice and savoury on the nose, dry, medium acidity, medium-plus tannins, medium-plus body, cherry, plum, dried herbs, liquorice, savoury on palate, some nice complexity, medium-plus finish.
43 Touriga Nacional, 2008 vintage, Cortello, Vinho Regional Lisboa, Portugal: deep ruby in colour, black cherry, blackberry, hint of floral on the nose, dry, medium acidity, medium-plus tannins, dark fruits, hint of floral on palate, medium-plus finish.
44. Catarratto, 2011 vintage, Fazio ‘U Cantu, Erice, Sicily, Italy: medium gold in colour, apple and spice on the nose, dry, medium body, medium acidity, flavours of apple, spice, citrus, vanilla, medium-plus length.
45. Chasselas, 2012 vintage, St Hubertus, Kelowna, BC, Canada: pale lemon in colour, floral, apple and citrus nose, dry, medium-plus acidity, light body, flavours of apple, pear and lemon.
46. Clairette, 2012 vintage, l’Agathe, Domaine Rimbert, Berlou, France: fresh clean nose of pear and apple, nice aromatics, dry, medium acidity,medium body, flavours of apple, hints of floral and tropical fruits, medium finish.
47. Gros Manseng, 2012 vintage, Pacherenc du Vic Bilh Sec, Famille Laplace, Aydie, France: pale lemon in colour, light floral, peach and pear on the nose, dry, medium body, medium acidity, flavours of citrus, spice, complex nuttiness and fruitiness.
48. Barbera, 2011 vintage TesoAria Winery, Southern Oregon, USA: ripe tannins and flavours of dark berries, cocoa and coffee.
49. Cinsault, 2012 vintage, Les Travers de Marceau, Domaine Rimbert, Berlou, France: jammy nose of dark fruit, dry, medium-plus acidity and tannins, flavours of dark fruit and spice – a pleasant and elegant wine.
50. Mourvedre, 2012 vintage, Castano Monastrell, Bodegas Castano, Yecla, Spain: medium ruby with tinge of purple in colour, juicy red and purple fruit on the nose, dry, medium acidity, medium body, medium tannins (smooth), flavours of raspberry and blueberry, medium-plus finish.